Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Date : 17th Sept, 2007..
Participants : Carol Archer / Even Mak @Royal Capital Seafood Restaurant (Tsuen Wan).
Following up from previous meeting, discussion of ongoing “Footstep” project:
1. Carol and Even's preliminary plan is to hold the next “Footstep” exhibition in June or November/ December 2008.
2. Even returned the paper art work begun by Carol (using foot images produced by orthotic -maker's technology) with her own painterly additions.
3. We agreed not to limit the number of times the work goes back and forth. Instead we will reach a mutual agreement on when the work is complete.
4. Carol has moved in Gold Coast of Tuen Mun for she has started her teaching in Lingnan University, and intends to make space and time for art.
5. Even has moved to a studio that is close to her residence and plans to start working by end of October.
6. Carol would like to collaborate with Even in casting her limbs for further exploration.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Date : 1st June, 2007..
Participants : Carol Archer / Even Mak @ The Grand Stage, Western Market, Hong Kong.
Following up from previous meeting, discussion of ongoing “Footstep” project
1. Carol expects to devote more time to artwork from September.
2. Even is searching for a new studio close by, and then will have more time for ceramic and 2D artwork.
3. Carol suggests that we continue our collaboration and whoever starts the A4 size artwork will be responsible to end it.
4. Carol started with four images of images based on Macau inner sole makers' technology and transformed by the computer, before being transferred to blank(3) or already painted watercolour paper (1).
5. Carol also proposes we give exchange artworks at each meeting. Carol will continue to initiate works on paper. Even may produce ceramic works for Carol to work on or 2D works on paper.
5. We agreed to do more pictures in this manner and choose for our exhibition in the future.
Date : 23rd Mar,2007
Participants : Carol Archer / Even Mak @ Saint’s Alp teahouse, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
Regarding the coming exhibition that follows the initial “Footstep” exhibition at University of Macau's Library Gallery
1. Carol and Even had small celebration of our first exhibition.
2. Both of us agreed to continue our exploration of body art through collaboration and Carol would like to try to work on clay with bare feet if possible
3. Invited by the “Too Art Gallery” of art center to have our second exhibition of “Footstep” when Even visited the gallery coordinator in March 2007.
4. After consideration by Carol and Even time schedule on coming year, we agreed to postpone the second exhibition on 2008 due to Carol has accepted a post at Lingnam University from September 2007 and expects to be very busy.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Monday, October 30, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
The bottom of the document cabinets for "Footstep" measures 104.3 cm x 54.5cm, with a 1cm diagonal "cut-off" at each of the 4 corners. The height of each cabinet is 26cm. Perhaps the painting collages should be made to fit the cabinets ahead of the set-up day on Nov 8?
If the painting can be fixed up before Nov 8, then will be avioded some unexpected incident on set up day ! But the compostion will be a main concern between the paintings and slabs !!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Our intention is to place this section of the painted work with these ceramic pieces (and/or other, perhaps pyramidal-shaped pieces that Even plans to work on now) in a glass book cabinet, with a piece of black-coloured paper alongside it.
A second cabinet will include the segment of painting pictured here - cut or perhaps torn to size - with these (and/or other) ceramic pieces placed in position as illustrated. It is envisaged that a plain white strip of paper is placed adjacent to the coloured painting - a pause in the busy surface, facilitating the appreciation of the shadows and subtle surface qualities of the ceramic elements.